So, yesterday morning I was having a battle in my mind about not being cut out to do something. There was something I was trying to organize and I just didn’t feel like I was good at doing that sort of thing. I kept thinking in my mind that there are other people who are just better at this kind of thing. Then, I read a daily devotion that a friend of mine writes (fruitofthebloom.net) The opening scripture was Isaiah 32:17, “The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.” My friend reminded me in this devotion that I have all the confidence I’ll ever need in Christ Jesus. The second verse was 2 Corinthians 3:4-5, “Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.” What I was trying to organize wasn’t a big thing, but because it was something that would bless somebody, I feel that the devil was really trying to feed me lies. I think that he wanted me to believe that I shouldn’t even do it b/c I’m not good at it anyways and it would just be easier to drop it. I’m sad to say that I chewed on those lies for a while. But no more. To top everything off, I then later that day went to see my doctor and he had a scripture posted in his office about having confidence in the Lord. I’m so glad that God’s Word is so much louder than the lies of the enemy. originally posted on 2.3.06
i am a daughter, a sister, and a friend. i am a lover of jesus, music, books and all things children. i don’t pretend to be the best blogger nor the most consistent one but i blog none the less. i hope you enjoy.
life verse“be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- 1 tweep unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past day. Thank you crowdfireapp.com/?r=td. 2 hours ago
- Stats for the day have arrived. 2 new unfollowers. Stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=td. 1 day ago
- 1 daily follower. 1 unfollower. Crowdfire doesn't miss a trick - via crowdfireapp.com/?r=td 2 days ago
- 1 tweep followed (thank you!) and nobody unfollowed me in the past day. Thank you crowdfireapp.com/?r=td. 5 days ago
- Follower -1, Unfollowers - 0. I didn't know I was this awesome. Get your daily stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=td. 6 days ago