thursday thirteen is where you have a list of thirteen something. they can all relate to each other or they can be totally random. for example, it can be thirteen reasons why you like fly-fishing, or thirteen reasons why you love reading my blog, or thirteen reasons why you wish i wouldn’t blog. you get the picture. or like i said, it can be thirteen random thoughts that you are having at that moment. i found this over at thursdaythirteen.com if you wish to participate, head on over there and link to your own list of thirteen.
so today, i will post my very first thursday thirteen. heres it go:
thirteen childrens books that i love:
1. the giving tree by shel silverstein. a great story about the gift of giving
2. knuffle bunny by mo willems. love the illustrations in this one. and i love it when trixie talks.
3. knuffle bunny too by mo willems. a great follow-up about mistaken identity and making new friends.
4. guess how much i love you by sam mcbratney. come one, who doesn’t love this book.
5. stand tall, molly lou melon by patty lovell. great book to encourage children to appreciate who they are.
6. anything by eric carle i heart eric carle.
7. harold and the purple crayon by crockett johnson. book about creativity/imagination.
8. chicka chicka boom boom by bill martin. good one that teaches rhythm, rhyme and alpahbet.
9. corduroy by don freeman. a classic character.
10. eating the alphabet by lois ehlert. good book when teaching upper and lower case.
11. amazing grace by alice hoffman. grace learns about going after her dreams.
12. caps for sale by esphyr slobodkina. i just think is a funny book.
13. the snowy day by ezra jack keats. another classic.
i could probably list 13 more. i heart childrens books. what are some of your faves?