i just spent a week at disneyworld with a 9 and 11 year old. from sun up to sun down for 6 days. i realize that disneyworld isn’t the normal environment to judge what it would be like to be a parent, but let me just say, i had a front row seat and it didn’t look easy. and this was at disneyworld, the “happiest place on earth”. what would it be like to do this at home? in your everyday life? i never again will take being a parent lightly. if you know me at all then you know how much i look forward to being a mom. but my eyes were open this past week to what it would really be like. i take my hat off to parents. ESPECIALLY single parents. and especially single dads with girls. i think that would be the toughest. i think about my own dad who was faced with raising two girls on his own. i think about the thoughts that must have ran through his mind when faced with that situation. but then, maybe no thoughts ran through his head. maybe it was just a matter of doing what he had to do. if you are reading this and you are a parent, you are my hero. if you are reading this and you’re not a parent, hug a parent, they probably need it.
i am a daughter, a sister, and a friend. i am a lover of jesus, music, books and all things children. i don’t pretend to be the best blogger nor the most consistent one but i blog none the less. i hope you enjoy.
life verse“be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- 2 daily followers. 0 unfollowers. Crowdfire doesn't miss a trick -via crowdfireapp.com/?r=td 3 days ago
- Stats for the day have arrived. 1 new unfollower. Stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=td. 6 days ago
- Stats for the day have arrived. 1 new follower and NO unfollowers :) via crowdfireapp.com/?r=td. 1 week ago
- Wondering how to grow on twitter? I gained 1 follower in the past day. This is the app: crowdfireapp.com/?r=td 1 week ago
- 1 tweep followed (thank you!) and nobody unfollowed me in the past day. Thank you crowdfireapp.com/?r=td. 1 week ago